You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-16 19:58:06

zaridu

panda3d 1.6.2-3 binary programs can't find shared libraries

This was a bit of an issue for me, and I wanted to see if this was an issue for anyone else.

Initially after installing panda3d 1.6.2-3 I had issues running the binary programs it provided, in particular punzip. punzip would complain about not finding the required shared libraries (such as libpanda.so), and adding symbolic links to the libraries in /opt/panda3d/lib tended to solve these issues. Adding /opt/panda3d/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig solve this issue completely.

I checked the PKGBUILD and noticed that a profile file (panda3d.profile) is installed into /etc/profile.d as panda3d.sh which exports /opt/panda3d/bin and /opt/panda3d/lib to the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variables, respectively. When I run `echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ` I do get ':/opt/panda3d/lib' as the output so the path is getting exported correctly. However, I've confirmed that removing the /opt/panda3d/lib entry in /etc/ld.so.conf causes many (if not all) of the binary programs panda3d installs to loose track of their shared libraries even when /opt/panda3d/lib is clearly in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues? I'd be interested to know why my system isn't working as intended big_smile Obviously if this is a common issue adding a line to the PKGBUILD to add the entry to /etc/ld.so.conf might be a good solution.

- Zaridu

#2 2009-08-16 20:00:01

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: panda3d 1.6.2-3 binary programs can't find shared libraries

report this issue on bugtracker. seems to me that is a bug.

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer