You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-19 23:03:07

thatnewyorker

Lenovo Ideapad S10 WiFi issues

Hey guys. So I just installed Arch again on my little netbook and set everything up correctly as far as I know (I'm pretty experienced with it). The one thing thats bothering me is that Wicd works randomly. I'll boot up and it'll connect to my signal but if I reboot theres no guarantee that it will connect again. It might connect, it might not. Sometimes it'll not connect after multiple reboots and on the 15th one it'll magically connect. I'm at a lost as to what to do, I'm used to having something either work or not work....no maybes. I have a sneaking suspicion that its the broadcom-wl driver because I did see someone post a comment in AUR saying they couldn't get Wicd to work. I checked the logs and it seems the problem starts when it can't detect eth1. I've even reinstalled the driver and tried using Wicd-bzr to see if that would work, same problem. Class is gonna start in 9 days and I need a reliable computer by then! Can anyone help me?

R.I.P In Pieces

#2 2009-08-20 00:33:34

djszapi
Website

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10 WiFi issues

Hello thatnewyorker!

I'd got similar problem with wicd, and from command-line too, then I tried networkmanager+nm-applet? Can that work for you ?

#3 2009-08-20 01:55:48

thatnewyorker

djszapi wrote:

Hello thatnewyorker!

I'd got similar problem with wicd, and from command-line too, then I tried networkmanager+nm-applet? Can that work for you ?

I guess I could but I really like wicd, I usually have good experiences with it. Though if I can't find a solution I guess I could switch:/

R.I.P In Pieces

#4 2009-08-20 04:08:47

djszapi
Website

I would try it, because if it can't work with network-manager too, it's not exatly wicd related, and then with nm it works the conclusion can be different.

Board footer