You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-21 09:55:34

DrTankMC

Amarok 1/2 and Exaile can't fetch artwork (Amazon)

Hello, i just did a search on the forums aswell as a Google search and i can't find anything relating to this...

Basically amarok 1 and/or 2 and exaile fail to fetch any artwork.  Within the cover manager gui i have pressed "fetch missing covers" and one by one it says artwork not found (for all 1200 albums i have).  I have used both of these programs in the past and never had this problem.  Even selecting a single album and searching results in an error message.  Oddly. i have a few hundred cover images in the ~/.kde............../amarok folder but none of them will display unless i set the covers manually.

My guess is that it has something to do with amazon itself.  I even went as far as to build the latest amarok-git from the AUR, and it fails aswell.  If anyone knows whats going on or a possible fix/workaround that would be fantastisch.

Thanks!

Long live the Organization for the Organized!!!

Ich möchte die Tomatensuppe!

#2 2009-08-21 10:00:11

Wittfella

Re: Amarok 1/2 and Exaile can't fetch artwork (Amazon)

I'm not familiar with those programs, but if they get the covers from Amazon then I think the problem is that Amazon changed their API which came into effect on the 15 August.  Basically they now require all requests to be cryptographically signed with SHA2 or some such.  Any program that uses their AWS service probably needs to be updated.

#3 2009-08-21 10:08:18

DrTankMC

Re: Amarok 1/2 and Exaile can't fetch artwork (Amazon)

Hey thanks for the quick reply, very enlightening as there isn't a single page i've found on Google that mentions anything like that.  Now, i guess the question becomes, does anyone know if this is being worked on and if so if/when it will be fixed.

Thanks!

Long live the Organization for the Organized!!!

Ich möchte die Tomatensuppe!

Board footer