You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-22 09:10:56

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Promoting myself in the forums, allowed?

Hi, I've been through the wiki but this doesn't seem covered under forum conduct. Basically I've joined this competition to win some free stuff, based on how many people view a youtube video. Would it be acceptable to post a 'promo' here for me to get more hits? In off-topic, of course...

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-08-22 09:19:23

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Promoting myself in the forums, allowed?

No, sorry. Thanks for asking first though.

#3 2009-08-22 09:31:32

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Okay, that's why I asked. Fair enough.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2009-08-22 11:01:47

Dinth

But i think you can have this in your signature and post on the forum. I dont thing community disallows self-promotion in signatures, when user is adding something good to the comunity.

#5 2009-08-22 11:21:27

tomk
Forum Fellow

The overall result is the same, Dinth, so the answer is still no.

Closed.

Board footer