You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-25 07:15:34

muchzill4

Filesystem check failed + monitor issues = problematic combo.

Hi,

I've been using arch for a while but I still lack PLENTY of knowledge and linux feels like a stranger to me. (btw: now I'm writing from my wind, which has never troubled me with arch). My PC is driving me crazy. Randomly stops booting on "The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem" (I've got ext3, so it's a bit weird?) but when I reboot everything comes back to normal. It's a fresh install (64bit finally) done from cd and arch complained about /dev/sr0 reading problems, but finally installed itself. I've always did it from usb stick. Can this have something to do with bad superblock or w/e? smile

What's more I've got some trouble with my screen which has jumping pixels. When I've unplugged stuff from usb ports and plugged it back it seemed to help, tried changing monitor cable, helped for a while, now I switched to built in vga card and no trouble yet. What would you do? Cause I'm not sure if it's not because of mainboard, which has problems with usb ports, graphic card or screen itself.

Last edited by muchzill4 (2009-08-25 07:16:01)

Board footer