You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-27 14:10:21

Cirno

Nothing responds to sigterm

I've been having this strange problem since this morning's pacman -Syu. I use just i686 Arch and awesomewm. The 'killall' command which I use regularly to turn off xscreensaver and kill bad processes suddenly does not work anymore. When used with the -v option it says it sent signal 15 and killed it, but it's still up and running. Only using the -9 (sigkill) will the process die.

In addition to that, The awesomewm function of closing a window (Mod4+Shift+C I think, I have changed it to alt+f4 since then) also became buggy. I mainly do work in a lot of urxvts, and when I try to close a terminal containing a running program such as ncmpcpp, the terminal closes, but the ncmpcpp process remains running and now is consuming 100% cpu. Occasionally gtk apps such as pcmanfm exhibit this behaviour.

Does anyone know what update could have caused this or I would really appreciate if I can find out more about what is going wrong.

#2 2009-09-01 02:32:03

CalcAndCoffee
Website

Re: Nothing responds to sigterm

This is happening on my system (x86_64), as well.  I first noticed it when screensaver processes continued running in the background after I had unlocked the screen, but I have had to send SIGKILL to other things as well (such as keychain and python running a Django development server).

Whatever update caused it came in a massive -Syu here, so I haven't been able to track it down yet.  I would also appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Board footer