You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-28 22:06:30

absolutevoid
Website

Installing KDEmod

Hi all,

I have a Chakra pre-release live CD with me for x86_64 architecture. Tribe had failed as I tried to install it and so I went the normal archway and installed upto Xorg. now that I wanted to install KDEmod, is there any way to access the liveCD and install KDEmod from it rather than doing it through internet? My connection is throttled and that is the major reason, I am asking this.

Thanks in advance.

Everything void is absolute and everything absolute is void.

#2 2009-08-29 03:39:57

drelyn86

Re: Installing KDEmod

Although I'm unable to specify the specifics on what you would need to do, I could give you a tip to get you headed in the right direction.
If you know where to find the package files on the live CD, you could upgrade via 'pacman -U'... but if you're limited on bandwidth, I'm not sure how you would keep your installation up to date, as I'm pretty sure the current live CD uses packages dated back to February.

#3 2009-08-29 04:45:07

djszapi
Website

Hello Absolutevoid!

You can detect the uri of packages with pacman -Sp, then downloading it on a machine with internet connection into a storage pendrive e.g., then copying it to your arch machine, then pacman -U or pacman -S shoud work.

#4 2009-08-29 08:41:49

Chrysalis

Not a good idea to use old pkgs on top of the latest arch base unless youve compiled them against it. Go follow their kdemod install guide to atleast get a list of all the pkgs you need and then download from elsewhere.

Btw, youll be doing like 1gig worth of upgrades a month with kde installed since arch is a rolling distro so not sure how you plan to work around this.

Last edited by Chrysalis (2009-08-29 08:53:47)

Board footer