You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-29 12:14:10

Arteomp

System doesn't want to switch off(arch+notebook)

I just have installed the system. I have installed only base packages from new core image. System works good but doesn't want to switch off. After using shitdown -h now or poweroff or halt all as usally but after appearance inscription Power off nothing is going on.
If I nothing to do in the system then it swithes off good. But when I am mounting disks for example then the same problem. If I am mounting disk then unmounting all is good. With mounted disks which I didn't touch during installing system very  rare swith off correctly but without them always all is good. It seems strange for me... what relationship between mounting and switching off...maybe it's just coincidence..I don't now.
Maybe something wrong with acpi? While only base-packeges are in the system. Maybe it needs other packages for notebook?
What do you think? And by the way, excuse my english)

#2 2009-08-29 17:05:38

djszapi
Website

Re: System doesn't want to switch off(arch+notebook)

Welcome to the forum, Arteomp!

Does it hang up while powering off ? did you try to reinstall sysvinit-mod ? or the core packages ?

#3 2009-08-29 20:41:21

Arteomp

djszapi wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Arteomp!

Does it hang up while powering off ? did you try to reinstall sysvinit-mod ? or the core packages ?

I just have reinstalled the system but in this time I have mounted disks during installing. The same situation but now system switch off never even if I unmounting disks before.
It hungs up in the last moment after all operation. After inscription Power Off in the terminal nothing to do and system hangs up.
By the way, before i used Ubuntu on this notebook and switching off was working correctly exept for stand by and hibernate

Last edited by Arteomp (2009-08-29 21:09:49)

#4 2009-08-30 00:29:35

ddaedalus

Until last kernel upgrade i had this problem too. Sometimes the kernel even panicked and it became apparent that my wireless driver was buggy (ralink in staging). You could try to unload all but the essential modules, and see if the problem persists.

#5 2009-08-30 02:20:03

djszapi
Website

Yeah, try with another kernel version, which kernel version do you use ?

#6 2009-08-30 15:04:17

Arteomp

I use kernel 2.6.30-arch...I alredy tried to unload differnt modules. While result is the same. But sometimes it switches off correctly, the most times it was when module ath9k was unloaded. But without this module system often don't switch off too...while it's going random

Board footer