You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-03 02:39:47

tHeNeXuS

ibus input method and KDE4: GTK apps not using ibus

Hi everyone,
this is my first post and I hope I am not in the wrong section of the forum! smile

I live in Korea and need to input Hangul quite frequently and I also am a KDE4 user.
I used to have a working configuration of KDE4+scim (although not really integrated), but since I re-installed it seems like I am not able to reproduce the same working config.
I then decided to give ibus a shot: following the wiki I downloaded all the sources from the git repo, installed the tons of dependencies, compiled and installed.

Now ibus works perfectly with qt applications (although I can't really see what I am typing until the character is fully formed... I believe it to be a color scheme problem), but GKT applications refuse to use the ibus framework at all, and I am stuck with English input. This happens to be quite the issue, since Konqueror is not really up to the task and I need to use Firefox for web browsing.

Any suggestion?

Ah, my .bashrc contains the same lines suggested in the ibus wiki.

ibus wiki: http://code.google.com/p/ibus/wiki/Install

#2 2009-09-03 02:50:41

lolilolicon

Re: ibus input method and KDE4: GTK apps not using ibus

I got nothing for ibus in .bashrc

This is what I have for ibus in ~/.xinitrc

export  IBUS_SESSION_ID=`mktemp -u XXXXXXXX`
export  GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export  QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
export  XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
ibus-daemon --xim -d &

That line about IBUS_SESSION_ID may be unnecessary, so it's exactly the way how you set up scim.

I don't know about KDE stuff though. Maybe they have something to read other than ~/.xinitrc on logon, like gnome's reading ~/.profile.

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-09-03 02:51:34)

This silver ladybug at line 28...

#3 2009-09-03 04:10:09

tHeNeXuS

Re: ibus input method and KDE4: GTK apps not using ibus

Thanks lolilolicon, but unfortunately it does not change my situation.

I finally get to see the input method toolbar (the daemon was running before as well, but I guess with different parameters), but GTK apps still refuse to change the IM.

Board footer