You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-08 05:48:50

zen

[Solved] Amarok stops playback after switching audio streams

Well, I'm posting this here so if anyone else has this bug, and search the forums, they will find the answer, since I didn't find the answer in the wiki (atleast not the one for archlinux).

This is on a new install of Archlinux, running kde4.3 but only the kdebase section, not a full kde install. Amarok version for this bug was 2.1.1.

When I played a stream (any in their 'cool streams' list, it would play, then i would pick a different stream, it would look like it's playing, and the OSD would list the new stream and any song changes on the stream would list on the OSD, but no sound output.

Well, to fix.. install the xine backend (pacman -Sy phono-xine). It changed the backend from gstreamer to xine automatically for my system after reboot, and I had no more problems (atleast none i've found yet...)

Hopefully coming soon, i'll post a good working asound.rc for people with an Audigy SE (ca0106) to upmix 2 channel to 5.1, pass real 5.1 through, and allow multiple sources to play simultaneously... if someone has one out there, let me know tongue, cause this seemingly easy task is proving hard to do.

Last edited by zen (2009-09-08 05:49:56)

#2 2009-09-18 11:07:50

carus

Re: [Solved] Amarok stops playback after switching audio streams

Thanks a lot Zen - this have been bothering me a lot!!

Board footer