You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-09 22:37:38

allistar

Canon multifunction cups recognized the printer but doesn't print

i've a canon i-sensys MF4120 multifunction printer that don't won't to print on archlinux 64 bit.
I've installed cups, compiled and installed the driver for the printer from AUR (cndrvcups-common and ufr2), started cups an added the printer, but when i try to print the test page cups process the job but the printer doesn't print), if i try to print from firefox cups give the following error: "pstoufr2cpca write error,32." and the job get stopped. I've tryed several re-add/delete/cups stop/star, but nothing change, the printer won't work.

dmesg give the following output

usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 6 if 1 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04A9 pid 0x26A3
usbcore: registered new interface driver usblp
usblp0: nonzero read bulk status received: -71

Every "nonzero read bulk status received: -71" in a print job lauched but never printed (or so it seem)

don't know if it may be useful but i've uploaded here the errorlog of cups (rapidshare link...)

Last edited by allistar (2009-09-09 22:41:17)

#2 2009-09-12 13:29:54

jmdennis

Re: Canon multifunction cups recognized the printer but doesn't print

The problem is not with your printer but with CUPS.  I had the same problem with an upgrade that was done.  It worked before but did not work after the upgrade in CUPS.  I guess others are having problems as well as you can see in the link posted.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=613329

Board footer