You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-13 20:39:03

whoops

Kernel or mdadm or something

Hi!

I had a small problem here...: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79953
After solving that (not sure how I did that), I was curious and tried upgrading to testing again and it happened again (at least parts of it - grub didn't seem to make any problems this time):
- on reboot: kernel panic, filesystem something, long numbers
- fallback: "system clock not accessible" or something like that, usb keyboard not working
- while trying to downgrade: "files in /lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH already exist, aborting"
- after successful downgrade, still kernel panic, but fallback works fine.

Just thought that might be worth mentioning... I can still boot from fall-back now and I think I'm going to be able to fix that again, but I don't think I will know what caused it or how I fixed it afterwards, so maybe someone who knows what he's doing might want to take a second look at that stuff if it sounds important (could be just me with my chaos-configs or could be anyone using mdadm in an "oldfashioned" slightly wrong way or anything...?) - or tell me to ignore it and not to panic otherwise wink

(Wah, that makes me feel stupid, now I gotta hang around in #ubundu [linux-help-channel for people who can't spell their distribution] for an hour to feel smart again) big_smile

Last edited by whoops (2009-09-13 20:39:43)

#2 2009-09-13 20:59:11

Zariel

Re: Kernel or mdadm or something

Try forcing the pacman downgrade, ie, pacman -Uf

#3 2009-09-27 18:43:12

whoops

Re: Kernel or mdadm or something

Thanks, but downgrading 2 versions didn't help and the whole thing makes me mistrust soft-raid too much. Problem was back after a reinstall, so I reinstalled again without raid.

Board footer