You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-14 14:52:35

hungsonbk
Website

Ekiga with Firewire Camera

Hi Archers,

I am trying to get my firewire camera to work in Ekiga but didn't success. When I connect my Camera to the 1394 port, I can see that the module raw1394 was loaded. When I run Kino, I can get the video stream from my camera. But in Ekiga it does not recognize the device. Even when I change the owner of raw1394 device by command: chown my_name:my_name /dev/raw1394, I can't see the device in Ekiga.

After sometimes of googling, I tried to use vloopback module and dv4l. I loaded the vloopback module, run dv4l command as root and change the owner of video: chown my_name:my_name /dev/video*. Now in Ekiga I can see the device, but when I select the device, I got an error massage that Ekiga can't open the video device.

I tried xawtv by the command: xawtv -c /dev/video1 and get the following error:

ioctl: VIDIOCGCAP(name="DV4Linux dv1394 to V4L";type=0x1 [CAPTURE];channels=1;audios=0;maxwidth=720;maxheight=576;minwidth=128;minheight=96): Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=0;height=288;width=384;format=4): Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=1;height=288;width=384;format=4): Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=0;height=288;width=384;format=4): Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: VIDIOCSYNC(int=1): Inappropriate ioctl for device

What I can see is a black screen. But when I tried to run xawtv in a full screen mode, I can see my video stream perfectly.

I tried with many other firewire camera such as Sonny, Panasonic, etc. and I got the same result. After running dv4l, I need to run xawtv in full screen mode, 1280x800 32bit, to see the video. I think that is the reason why Ekiga can't load my Camera because it only supports some specific resolution.

I really need to run the Ekiga with one of my firewire Camera. Any help will be appreciated.:|:|:|:|:|

Thank you for your reading.

#2 2009-09-15 17:45:59

hungsonbk
Website

Re: Ekiga with Firewire Camera

Anyone can help me ?

Board footer