You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-14 18:10:59

ise
Developer
Website

New WindowMaker version for Arch Linux

Today I have added a new WindowMaker package (windowmaker-crm-git) to our [extra] repository. It's compiled from the GIT repository of Carlos R. Mafra which is the most uptodate repository for WindowMaker source code. It has bugfixes for know issues and new features like Maximus which is "Tiled maximization". There were several bugfixes for Xinerama setups and some code cleaning.

I will update the package regularly to reflect all the changes in the GIT repo. So if you use WindowMaker and you would like bugfixes and new features, install the new package and report bugs to the wmaker-developer-mailinglist, which is very active at the moment. I have tested the package and it's more usable and stable than the windowmaker-0.92.0 package.

#2 2009-09-15 04:11:51

toxygen

Re: New WindowMaker version for Arch Linux

Hah! i was just reading about this on the mailing list!  thanks!

I'm about to test it.  I was just thinking today too how i missed the good ol' days of windowmaker.

I'm looking through the new http://www.windowmaker.info/ sounds like they are doing something a lot of us wish "someone" would have done, making wmaker more modern! big_smile
how long has this been going on?  and can you give us a summary of what's new?

edit to add: OT - please do make a tutorial for the "moving pictures" movie!  sounds like a fun thing to do with my camera + sound.

Last edited by toxygen (2009-09-15 04:17:58)

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

#3 2009-09-15 07:20:54

ise
Developer
Website

toxygen wrote:

Hah! i was just reading about this on the mailing list!  thanks!

I'm about to test it.  I was just thinking today too how i missed the good ol' days of windowmaker.

I'm looking through the new http://www.windowmaker.info/ sounds like they are doing something a lot of us wish "someone" would have done, making wmaker more modern! big_smile
how long has this been going on?  and can you give us a summary of what's new?

There were several different steps for a new version of WindowMaker. I have seen a GIT repo which are trying to render the things with cairo instead of the internal lib. But at the moment this is stalled. I  don't know how long this has been going on, but at the moment it looks like the development is getting faster and more people are contributing again. Carlos R. Mafra is doing a good job with the new GIT repository to integrate bugfixes and sometimes new features, maybe they will be merged to the main tree sometime, depends on the official WindowMaker developers. As I posted above, the development mailinglist of WindowMaker is very active again and I think this time it could really happen that there is a new release soon...hopefully.

I can't give a real summary of changes, there were lots of bugfixes and some new features. You can have a look here: http://repo.or.cz/w/wmaker-crm.git?a=shortlog It would take too much time to sum-up those commits.

toxygen wrote:

edit to add: OT - please do make a tutorial for the "moving pictures" movie!  sounds like a fun thing to do with my camera + sound.

I will write a tutorial asap and I will post it in my blog.

#4 2009-09-17 11:37:54

ise
Developer
Website

I have written a small summary of new features and bugfixes on my blog.

Board footer