You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-15 09:15:08

iru

Rhythmbox crashes on launch [Solved]

Hey everyone. I've just installed the 64-bit version of Arch on my system yesterday and everything has been running smoothly so far except for one thing: Rhythmbox. I installed it through Pacman and it worked fine until I started playing around in its options and selected another view via 'View -> Small view' or something like that. I don't remember the exact name of the option. You should be able to find out if you have Rhythmbox installed.

Anyway, since then the program immediately crashes when I launch it. Obviously, I've tried removing & reinstalling it through Pacman with no effect. The problem remains; probably because the main config file is not getting removed and I haven't been able to find it yet. Another thing I noticed (which is probably unrelated to the main problem I'm having) is that even on the first time I started Rhythmbox it complained that it was unable to launch certain plugins which was weird cause I didn't change anything on that front either. I was able to run the program without further problems from that point on though. It just started to crash when I changed the view.

The problem might be easy to fix by editing the main config, but as I said before, I haven't been able to locate it yet. So if you have any ideas let me know. I guess/hope my computer specs aren't of any relevance here. If you think they are, I'll hand em in later.

Thanks in advance!
iru

Edit: I've just removed Rhythmbox via Pacman again and installed it from AUR. Same problem. However, I checked for the error messages I got in a terminal. Actually there were two, but I remember that I had the first one of them on my previous Arch install as well and it worked fine there.

(rhythmbox:11102): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xfce",

(rhythmbox:11102): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to grab media player keys: Could not get owner of name 'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon': no such name

Last edited by iru (2009-09-16 21:44:46)

#2 2009-09-15 16:17:23

hullap
Website

Re: Rhythmbox crashes on launch [Solved]

im not sure, but i think the config lies in ~/.gconf/apps/rhythmbox

#3 2009-09-15 20:06:42

iru

Meh, guess I could have thought of that myself tongue Checked my entire home folder for everything related to rhythmbox now, trashed what I found, removed the program again, cleared my pacman cache (just to be sure) and reinstalled it. Works fine again now. So thanks for the tip tongue One thing remains though and that's the error messages about the plugins on start-up. But I guess I can live with that.

#4 2009-09-16 17:20:42

hullap
Website

oh ok, now just edit the topic title and prepend a [Solved] like everyone else then smile

#5 2009-09-16 21:45:22

iru

Hehe, you got it. Wasn't sure since the solution was really just a weird workaround tongue

Board footer