You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-16 21:44:38

wesley_of_course

/usr/share/haskell/ and ghc-pkg list --user

Here goes :  was bored and thought of Space Invaders , hadn't played that in a while so offs I go to find , (AUR) , found it and thought alright , coupla games and call it a night. Well I'm strictly Newbie and sure enough haskell , ghc, haskell-hgl ? , flashed up and I naively thought upgrade ? , why not - Space Invaders right ?

Well this showed ;

All cabalized and yaourt-installed packages need to be reinstalled now.
    ==> See /usr/share/haskell/ and ghc-pkg list --user for a tentative list of affected packages.

I thought , ok , I can deal with this . So off to find above mentioned found it but couldn't run it ? , . O K looked for aforementioned pkg list - no go . tried to downgrade and got this ;

yaourt -Su --downgrade  haskell-cabel 
==> Downgrading packages
No package to downgrade

So offs I go to var /packman/pkg , thats were I found ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz and haskell-x11-1.4.5-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz  and looked for older ones , no go . Found older ones but i couldn't fix it , not much on Google and found 1 post here  , but didn't make a lot of since to me .   Affected pkg.'s, ( so far ) , claws won't open and no icon for pidgin when running , no mail at all .   

Excuse the infrequent postings , hey I 'm running Arch and most always can find an answer by searching but must admit I's hit a wall and dread the thought of losing Claws and the E-Mail that is in it . This is probably a simple fix so I Thank You all in advance .

sudo pacman -U ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz-ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
Password: 
loading package data...
error: 'ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz-ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz': cannot open package file
wesley ~  $  sudo pacman -U ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz -ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
pacman: invalid option -- '-'
wesley ~  $  sudo pacman -U ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz - ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
loading package data...
error: 'ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz': cannot open package file
wesley ~  $  sudo pacman -U ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.-ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
loading package data...
error: 'ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.-ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gz': cannot open package file
wesley ~  $   pacman -U ghc-6.10.4-1-x86_64.pkg.-ghc-6.8.2-2x86_64.pkg.tar.gzWed Sep 16 15:05:42 CDT 2009
error: you cannot perform this operation unless you are root.
wesley ~  $

Thanks

Did a little more research and not to sure if it had anything to do with the "game and/or Haskell " , don't know .But reread the Wiki Downgrade and came up with this . 

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade_packages
The package ,libldap-2.3.43-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz ,  is sitting on desktop and the one I've installed is  2.4.18-1 so now acording to the wiki would  ; pacman -U pkgname-olderpkgver.pkg.tar.gz.  , be
wrote as such -
   pacman -U libldap-2.418-1-libldap-2.3.43-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
    or does the package have to be some where else ?  Still learning here and downgrading seems like a good deal ! Also would it resurrect Claws without loss of E-Mail ?

There was this filed/reported , on Google : http://tinyurl.com/qwjbtq
which led me to here :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16217
and
Found package here :
http://www.schlunix.org/archlinux/current/os/x86_64/

Last edited by wesley_of_course (2009-09-16 23:23:30)

#2 2009-09-18 15:19:00

wesley_of_course

Re: /usr/share/haskell/ and ghc-pkg list --user

The following morning Claws 3.7.2  fixed the itself , (wouldn't  open ) , Shaman's desktop icon doesn't show up still and I have to use system Monitor - Processes to kill it  - Pidgin icon ,(when running for both-Shaman and Pidgin), so this part is solved .

Unaware this was two separate challenges so I unknowingly lumped them together.
Mods -Thanks for the vigil here at the Forums and if needed delete this post and I'll re-post ;

All cabalized and yaourt-installed packages need to be reinstalled now.
    ==> See /usr/share/haskell/ and ghc-pkg list --user for a tentative list of affected packages.

this part as I wonder if its anything to worry about since I don't know how to use Haskell
but hopefully I'll understand at a later date .

Thanks

#3 2009-09-18 17:58:21

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

1. you are not typing the package name correctly, please use tab completion
2. just reinstall any cabalized haskell packages that you might have installed.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#4 2009-09-28 02:04:10

wesley_of_course

Mr.Elendig wrote:

1. you are not typing the package name correctly, please use tab completion
2. just reinstall any cabalized haskell packages that you might have installed.

Thank You Mr.Elendig for your response ! 

wesley ~  $  yaourt -Q claws-mail
Error: PACMANBIN: /usr/bin/pacman-color is incorrect

/usr/bin/pacman-color no recognized in config file
==> List all installed packages
testing/claws-mail 3.7.2-3
wesley ~  $   ghc-pkg list --user
/home/wesley/.ghc/x86_64-linux-6.10.4/package.conf:
wesley ~  $  gedit  usr/share/haskell/
/usr/lib/gedit-2/plugins/auto_completion.py:51: Warning: gsignal.c:2387: instance `0x1d86000' has no handler with id `1745'
  view.disconnect(handler_id)
wesley ~  $   ghc-pkg list --user wesley
/home/wesley/.ghc/x86_64-linux-6.10.4/package.conf:
wesley ~  $  yaourt -Q libldap
Error: PACMANBIN: /usr/bin/pacman-color is incorrect

/usr/bin/pacman-color no recognized in config file
==> List all installed packages
core/libldap 2.4.18-1

Claws is updated , but can't find the list , ( ghc-pkg list --user ) , I think Haskell probably needs to be configured and don't have a clue .

Shaman icon , when running ,  isn't visible  nor Pidgin ! Use System Monitor to kill it but Pidgin shuts down when window is closed , whats in common with the two and not others , is it still related to the
Haskell install ? Now the spam icon in Claws is greyed out too .

Thanks again for helping out . edit ; forgot to mention running

locate ghc-pkg list wesley

and it came back with a slew of apps., !? can't believe they all need re-installed , maybe base packages for them will reinstall what it wants to set it straight ????

Last edited by wesley_of_course (2009-09-28 02:47:07)

Board footer