You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-17 01:07:17

Stromblad

Arch64+Wine+Fglrx=failsauce STUMPED

Hey guys, I just wanted to run a few things by the community before I started trying to run 3 year old workarounds from the Ubuntu forums

The problem is this, I have installed (yaourt -S catalyst catalyst-utils), have successfully installed 9.8 fglrx, have the module active through rc.conf and am trying to test out a few games with wine. Im reading about fellow arch users being able to play games on arch so I am hopeful, but have yet to find a solution.

Direct Rendering is working

glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

Driver is working properly
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4870
OpenGL version string: 2.1.8918

I am using compiz, (have tried fluxbox on games as well, just to see if gnome or compiz were the culprits)
I have the lib-32 catalyst-utils installes
I am using vlc with open-gl output (so I know for sure it works)
I have tried wine app.exe -opengl (get the same crash and output as without the -opengl option) (glxgears and fgl_gears work as well)

Now that that is cleared up (not trying to sound arrogant just trying to provide the maximum amount of info possible)

This is the output when I try to run one of the games I am attempting to play

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e95c,0x00000000), stub!
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  160 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  525
  Current serial number in output stream:  525

NOTE: I dont think that the content above "X Error of failed blah blah blah" is pertinent to this particular problem, but being the nubzilla that I am, included it just in case it is.

This is my xorg.conf
http://pastebin.com/m5c1cd8e2

Please help! Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-09-17 03:08:28

Nezmer
Website

Re: Arch64+Wine+Fglrx=failsauce STUMPED

Probably not the solution to all your problems , install "mpg123" .

English is not my native language .

Board footer