You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-11 11:09:24

robot5x

iriver & ifp-line

Hi all,
While browsing for christmas presents for my wife (ok..for me) I kept coming back to the iriver which seems like a great mp3 player. I already have an ibead which works fine, but I'm concerned about whether this is gonna work in Arch. Also coming across the ifp-line sourceforge page it says there is an Arch package! So I guess that at least one person here is using an iriver with Arch...
A lot of reviews complain how the iriver doesn't work as normal removable disk, but only in 'manager' mode which sounds like a pain in the ass....I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with this, before I part with a hard-earned £120.
Thanks a lot.

#2 2004-11-15 02:17:12

babyigor37

Re: iriver & ifp-line

The ifp-line package in extra works fine with my ifp-380T.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it won't let me delete directories that still contain files.  I have to manually delete every file and then delete the directoy.  But other than that, it works great.  I don't know if you were only interested in flash players, but I also have a iHP-120 hard disk player that works great under linux.  It mounts as a SCSI drive, so all I have to do is mount it and I can browse and manage the files with pretty much any filemanager I choose.

Board footer