You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-24 02:09:53

Bloody_Mat

Can't install/boot to/from CD just loads regular OS

Ok, Ive got the ISO image downloaded, and I've read all the installation guide on the wiki.  Ive copied and burned and tried everything i can to get it to load onto a disk so I can boot from it, gone through 5 disks, and cant get it to boot, help please =[

Last edited by Bloody_Mat (2009-09-24 02:59:08)

Here I stand, here I remain

#2 2009-09-24 03:07:31

stryder

Re: Can't install/boot to/from CD just loads regular OS

You will have to tell us what you did before we can tell you what you did wrong. Did you burn the image (option=burn image to disk) or did you burn the image as a file to disk (option=burn data to disk)? Is your computer set to boot from cd first (before booting from hd)? What happens when you tried to boot from the disk? Did you check whether the image was downloaded completely or perhaps corrupted? Many possibilities.

#3 2009-09-24 03:13:34

slightlystoopid

man, it's gonna be a long, hard road...

One nation, under the corporatocracy, indivisible, with liberty for them.

Really, I can understand the Supreme Court's rulings. Afterall, corporations are people just like us, with love and feelings, hopes and dreams, and a limited lifespan to do it all in... oh wait, nevermind. I was thinking of same-sex marriage.

#4 2009-09-24 03:16:10

Bloody_Mat

Ok, ive tried copy and pasting to disk, worked with my DSL distro and have a live cd of that, tried 2 different burning programs on my computer, Power2Go and DVD suite, tried installing to both dvd and cd (r and rw), changed boot config to boot from disk drive before hard drive, and when i restart my computer to see if it works, all i get is a black screen fro 5 seconds then either a "run windows normally" message or it just starts booting windows, when I burned image to disk it wouldnt recognixe .ISO as an image file, so i guess it converted it to one or something because now ive got 3 files named image.c00, Image and image.RIF. hope that helps

#5 2009-09-24 03:47:11

slightlystoopid

if you have a working linux:

man cdrecord

otherwise:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+burn+an+iso+in+windows

One nation, under the corporatocracy, indivisible, with liberty for them.

Really, I can understand the Supreme Court's rulings. Afterall, corporations are people just like us, with love and feelings, hopes and dreams, and a limited lifespan to do it all in... oh wait, nevermind. I was thinking of same-sex marriage.

#6 2009-09-24 04:10:46

Bloody_Mat

alright, thanks alot, hopefully the disk i just burned will work!

Board footer