You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-13 16:58:16

punkrockguy318
Website

Wired

I'm making PKGBUILDs for wired and it's dependencies, it'll be done today or tommorrow.  I'll put it in my TUR.  This is quite a lengthy process, so I just want to make sure no one else does the same work twice.   tongue

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-11-13 21:21:01

tehdely
Website

Re: Wired

I eagerly await being able to play with this app on Arch.  Thanks  yikes

[Arch GNUstep Repository] [ PKGBUILDS ]
[code][gnustep]
Server = ftp://blkwidow.lerp.com/pub/mirror/arch/gnustep[/code]

#3 2004-11-14 01:32:05

punkrockguy318
Website

Everything compiles fine...  BUT:  Wired uses wxgtk 2.5.x.  Extra uses 2.4.x.  The wxgtk 2.5 works fine, but everything that uses it will have to be recompiled... That's kind of a pain.  I issued a bug about wxgtk.. I mean, it uses a GTK2 pactch, where the 2.5.x supports gtk2 natively.  If Arch wants this feature, they should use the official version instead of the patched one.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#4 2004-11-14 19:51:15

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

wxgtk was not upgraded because the version of bittorrent (the main app we have that uses wxgtk) we had then didn't work with 2.5.

If you wouldn't mind doing the research to prove that bittorrent works with the current version of 2.5 I'm sure it'll be upgraded.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-11-15 02:16:13

punkrockguy318
Website

Bah, what a shame.  Neither bittorrent nor bittornado works with 2.5.  Hopefully 2.5 will become stable soon!

#6 2004-11-15 02:17:54

punkrockguy318
Website

I'll wait until bittorrent works with wxgtk 2.5.  I think we'd all rather have bittorrent then wired.  I know there's always opt... But let's keep things simple and wait.  If anyone desperately wants the PKGBUILDs, post here and let me know.  But until then, we'll wait.

Patience is a virtue.

#7 2004-11-15 12:27:36

neri
Forum Fellow

punkrockguy318 wrote:

I'll wait until bittorrent works with wxgtk 2.5.  I think we'd all rather have bittorrent then wired.  I know there's always opt... But let's keep things simple and wait.  If anyone desperately wants the PKGBUILDs, post here and let me know.  But until then, we'll wait.

Patience is a virtue.

It's not only bittorrent, also audacity failed with 2.5 the last time I tried it, which
is not so long ago hmm
Is it ok for you if I close the bug/feature request you wrote then?

-neri

#8 2004-11-15 19:57:08

punkrockguy318
Website

neri wrote:
punkrockguy318 wrote:

Patience is a virtue.

It's not only bittorrent, also audacity failed with 2.5 the last time I tried it, which
is not so long ago hmm
Is it ok for you if I close the bug/feature request you wrote then?

-neri

Yeah, that'd be just fine

#9 2004-11-16 02:20:52

punkrockguy318
Website

I did some more research.. tried putting wired in /opt... I can't get wired to use the 2.5.3 library.. It will only compile if wxgtk stable isn't installed.  It's really kinda a mess.. And the philosophy of Arch is to keep things simple... So when the devel wxgtk becomes stable, I'll release the wired PKGBUILDs. 

Neri, don't bother getting the wxgtk-devel PKG.... it totally breaks backwords compatibility.  Bt breaks, audacity won't compile, amule/xmule won't compile.. let's just wait

#10 2004-11-16 09:10:11

neri
Forum Fellow

Hi

punkrockguy318 wrote:

Neri, don't bother getting the wxgtk-devel PKG.... it totally breaks backwords compatibility.  Bt breaks, audacity won't compile, amule/xmule won't compile.. let's just wait

Hey, you tried ... and lost, but honestly, I think it's no shame to be beaten by
this beast ... let's wait until things become stable. On the flipside of this, I should
start over my efforts to get audacity working for the masses and muse, maybe, Time will tell.

----------------EDIT-
ardour, I wanted to write ardour....
----------------END OF EDIT---

Thanks for the research.
-neri

#11 2005-06-13 17:10:53

Cotton

Is a suitable PKGBUILD for this app available now that wxgtk has been upgraded?

Oh, and where's punkrockguy318 gone?

#12 2005-06-13 17:20:18

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

#13 2005-06-13 18:41:51

Cotton

Whadaya mean?  This is real life.

#14 2005-06-13 19:05:46

punkrockguy318
Website

#Contributor: Lukas Sabota (punkrockguy318@comcast.net)
pkgname=wired
pkgver=0.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc=""
url=""
license=""
depends=('gtk2' 'wxgtk' 'libsndfile' 'soundtouch' 'portaudio-devel' 'alsa-lib')
makedepends=()
conflicts=()
replaces=()
backup=()
install=
source=($pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=()

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname/src
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  cp $startdir/Makefile.new Makefile
  make wx_config=/opt/wxgtk-devel/bin/wx-config || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}
# Contributor:  Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318@comcast.net>
# Maintainer:   Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318@comcast.net>
pkgname=portaudio-devel
pkgver=19
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Portaudio is a crossplatform audio library.  It is intended to promote the exchange of audio synthesis software between developers on different platforms."
url="http://www.portaudio.com"
license=""
depends=('alsa-lib')
provides=('portaudio')
conflicts=('portaudio')
source=(http://www.portaudio.com/archives/pa_snapshot_v19.tar.gz)

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/portaudio
  ./configure --with-alsa --without-jack
  make
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/lib
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/include
  make install PREFIX=$startdir/pkg/usr
}
# Contributor:  Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318@comcast.net>
# Maintainer:   Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318@comcast.net>
pkgname=soundtouch
pkgver=1.2.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="The SoundTouch library is suited for application developers writing sound processing tools that require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing around with the sound effects."
url="http://sky.prohosting.com/oparviai/soundtouch/"
license=""
depends=()
source=(http://sky.prohosting.com/oparviai/soundtouch/${pkgname}_v$pkgver.zip)
md5sums=('95bf7e05bcf2842d007f6e1f7580ded0')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/SoundTouch-$pkgver
  # change sample type from integer to float (more accurate)
  sed -i -e "s|#define INTEGER_SAMPLES|//#define INTEGER_SAMPLES|g" 
        -e "s|//#define FLOAT_SAMPLES|#define FLOAT_SAMPLES|g" include/STTypes.h  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}

Alright. This is my work for a couple months ago, it might work, it might not.  Hack at it and it will work.  There are probably newer versions available by now, check it out.

But yeah, I now have more pressing things to do like work, school, music, etc, etc...  So, I just switched to a lower-maintainance distro, Ubuntu.  It works fine for me.  If you guys have any questions with some of my abandoned stuff, I'd be happy to answer them.  Just email me -> punkrockguy318@comcast.net

#15 2005-11-12 14:50:35

Cotton

Any chance of getting this in the AUR?

#16 2005-11-12 16:57:27

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Feel free to copy/paste/update those PKGBUILDs? smile

Dusty

Board footer