You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-27 22:33:56

SirEdgar2nd

Second Life - Black Screen

when I launch secondlife all I get is a black screen.  Can't figure out exactly what to do about this.

Arch Linux 64bit is what I am using, I installed all the 32 bit libs I need (I would believe), and I Made sure to turn off ALL eye-candy in KDE. Here is what I get when I run it from the Command Line

http://pastebin.com/m484819cf

This part is what got my attention the most though

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/amd64/IcedTeaPlugin.so [/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/amd64/IcedTeaPlugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                                                                                       
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]           
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]             
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]             
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]           
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                   
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libskypebuttons.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libskypebuttons.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                       
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mozplugger.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mozplugger.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                                 
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                         
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                 
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-gmp.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-gmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                 
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                   
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-rm.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-rm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                   
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-wmp.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-wmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]                 
      LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]

On another note: I want to get gstreamer working, I downloaded and installed all the gstreamers 32 bit versions (except GOOD, because it wouldn't makepkg not sure if thats necessary yet). But can't find the ./secondlife script, I can find the folder /.secondlife obviously, but can't find the other thing. o_O; That is all, need anymore information then ask.

#2 2009-10-02 09:56:07

Hiz

Re: Second Life - Black Screen

I use 64bit version of firefox named "swiftweasel-intel64-pgo" and "omvviewer-1-23" for second life from AUR.
i use omvviewer-1-23 for now, because this is only SL pkg that i can use music streaming in Arch 64bit.(well, i was not trying very hard with another package with arch64)
i installed something like this

sudo pacman -Sy lib32
sudo pacman -S lib32-dbus-core     << I am not sure if i installed this for SL.
sudo pacman -S "all good, bad, ugly streamer and plugin"
yaourt -S  omvviewer-1-23

run it and error

need to fix lib32-libjpeg.xx links
example. /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7 -> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0  or link to /opt/lib32/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.xxx
*seems like here can be messed up with 32 & 64bit libraly. both 32bit and 64bit application going to access same /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7....?.:s
i also need to know best solution for this.

btw. where is the active ArchLinux group? i am member of ArchLinux group in SL for long time but i havent seen ppl discuss at there anything about Arch or Linux.
Only Ubuntu group active!  lol i must pretend ubuntu user in SL world.!  cry!  lol

Board footer