You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-29 18:53:11

CaptainHero

[Hint] Playing Warcraft 3 Battle.net on x86_64

I have been messing around with 32 bit chroots and stuff.

For anyone trying to play WC3 TFT on Battle.net with x86_64 arch:

install "bin32-wine" (suse's build didn't work for me) from AUR

install "lib32-gnutls" and "lib32-libgcrypt" from community.

(bin32-wine-stable did the same for me but doesn't work with latest games...)

#2 2009-09-29 22:41:17

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [Hint] Playing Warcraft 3 Battle.net on x86_64

bin32 and 32-bit chroots are not the same.

Also, it is not the norm here to post [hint] topics. This isn't ubuntuforums. If you have a useful tip, update the necessary wiki page or add it to an existing wiki page. In the case of this particular tip, its probably not too useful, given its basically "how to have wine in x86_64".

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-09-30 05:30:17

CaptainHero

bin32 and 32-bit chroots are not the same

I know big_smile

I was going for the chroot way but then managed to get it working with lib32 packages.

its probably not too useful, given its basically "how to have wine in x86_64".

I disagree on that one. Those libs are neither deps nor opt-depends of any wine pkg. Who would have thought they are needed to stop WC3 from crashing when logging into battle.net?

Also, it is not the norm here to post [hint] topics. This isn't ubuntuforums.

Shame on me. I thought it was yet another ubuntu forum here. I might consider your Wiki hint though. Thanks.

#4 2009-09-30 08:32:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

CaptainHero wrote:

its probably not too useful, given its basically "how to have wine in x86_64".

I disagree on that one. Those libs are neither deps nor opt-depends of any wine pkg. Who would have thought they are needed to stop WC3 from crashing when logging into battle.net?

Neither should they be, depends, and opt-depends of wine would be for wine itself, not for the entire panoply of apps that COULD be run by Wine. If anything, this information should go to the appdb at winehq, and probably is there already.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2009-09-30 17:58:11

ugkbunb

I personally don't see the harm in this thread... sure it would prob be better to be added to the appropriate wiki page... I for one had struggled getting war3 to play on battle.net... thanks for the tip... I will try it when I get home!

#6 2009-10-13 09:59:12

alexk
Website

CaptainHero wrote:

For anyone trying to play WC3 TFT on Battle.net with x86_64 arch:

install "bin32-wine" (suse's build didn't work for me) from AUR

install "lib32-gnutls" and "lib32-libgcrypt" from community.

(bin32-wine-stable did the same for me but doesn't work with latest games...)

Oh, thank you so much! I've been trying to get BN working under Arch since I switched from Ubuntu 2 months ago (it worked in Ubuntu). Adding these packages does the trick.

Cheers big_smile

Board footer