You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-03 13:23:02

Lazze

Compiz, moving windows not smooth

Hello

I've runned in to a little enoying problem, when moving windows on my desktop while compiz is activated the animations isn't too smooth, nothing extreme but not perfect. But when enabling the compiz Benchmark they're smooth, It feels like compiz isn't refreshing often enough when the benchmark isn't enabled.

Is there a setting to change the update interval for compiz somewhere? Anyone who have encountered the same issue?

Thanks
// Lazze

#2 2009-10-24 13:31:13

Lazze

Re: Compiz, moving windows not smooth

Hello again

I've just found out how to make compiz a bit more smooth and I thought it would be best to post it here if someone else encounters the same issue.
To make compiz more smooth just do:

Open CompizConfig Settings Manager.
Go to General Option and the the Display Settings tab.
Uncheck the Detect Refresh Rate checkbox and move the Refresh Rate slider to max.

Moving it to max may increase the usage of your gpu since it will render the screen more often, lower the Refresh Rate a bit if it seems too high.

// Lasse

#3 2009-10-24 13:43:48

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

What did you have it set to before?  It should match your monitor refresh rate.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#4 2009-10-24 14:07:28

Lazze

I hade it set to 60 which is my monitors refresh rate, but it didn't seem to sync with it too good. It wasn't awful but I was missing that tiny step from perfection. I don't mind if takes a bit more power from my graphics card. I still have the Sync To VBlank enabled to avoid eventual tearing.

Board footer