You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-03 15:10:26

ChemBro

[solved] No mp3-support with Xine

I don't know why, but I don't have any mp3-support with Xine anymore since yesterday (?), or more specifically with Amarok, Juk and Dragon-Player, which use the Phonon backend phonon-xine. I also use KDEmod/Chakra.

I reinstalled xine, ffmpeg, phonon-backend, amarok (which I also build from sources with no luck).

At the moment, I use the mplayer-backend, but I don't want to, because it is not so stable and I have this feeling, that the quality is not that good. I would use gstreamer, if I could, but there is that amarok-gstreamer-bug...

So the question is: How do I get mp3-support for Xine back? How can I test it?

Solution: Removing "~/.xine/catalog.cache" worked.

Last edited by ChemBro (2009-10-04 15:08:15)

#2 2009-10-03 23:28:10

Knute

Re: [solved] No mp3-support with Xine

Well,  without knowing which xine package you installed, it's kind of hard to tell.

Personally, what I would do, is to look at the pkgbuild, and see what options are being used, and if there are any that are related to mp3.
Then, I would go into the source directory, and run ./config --help and see if there are options for disabling and enabling that support, and finding out what they are.
Then, since i have customizepkg installed, I would go into /etc/customizepkg/ and make a file that has the same name as the package that you are installing, and then either replace the disable command with the enable command, or, if the disable command is not given, add the enable command.   That way, whenever that package is updated, the pkgbuild will be changed automatically.

It sounds kind of complicated, but the customizepkg comes with some example files that do show you how to write your own files, so it's pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.  smile

Knute

#3 2009-10-04 12:58:29

ChemBro

Re: [solved] No mp3-support with Xine

The package is called "xine-lib" from [extra] (version 1.1.16.3-3).

Another computer works fine with it, so I don't know why it doesn't work here. :-/

EDIT: I took a look in "xine-list-1.1" and on my computer with no mp3-support for xine, there is no entry like "mp3;audio", but on my eee, where it does work.

Does anyone know, how I can get back my mp3-support for xine?

EDIT2: I finally found it: Removing "~/.xine/catalog.cache" solved the problem.

Last edited by ChemBro (2009-10-04 15:08:53)

Board footer