You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-05 13:53:06

bobland

[Solved (this time for real)] Abiword closes on printing request

Solved II -- Didn't realize there was a wiki for the abiword bug.  Followed the wiki to the letter and now I have printing with no crashing.  BTW, as of this date, I compiled the "light" and "developer" version with no luck so for now, this is the only real fix.  Glad to have this working!!!
SOLVED:  Took the easy way out.  Removed Abiword, installed GEdit, which prints just fine.
I'm trying to print from Abiword.  Just a mailing label on standard paper.  If I click on any selection related to printing, the program immediately closes without printing.  I tested printing under cups admin and everything printed as expected.

Opened up Mousepad in xfce4.  Tried to print the same label.  While Mousepad did not close like Abiword, it did not print either.  Just to be sure, I opened up a file in Firefox and printed it.  Printed OK.

As far as word processing goes, all I need is something that will let me change fonts and spell check.  I'm fine with an editor because I rarely write and print more then 1 page.  Most of my printing is from FF.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Burt

Last edited by bobland (2009-10-08 16:06:21)

Board footer