You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-06 19:47:39

kmacphail
Website

No sound at all

I am currently in the last steps (I really hope) of creating my first Arch system. However I have come into a problem. I was able to configure the sound in Arch and succesfully tested it before I installed the KDE desktop. I looked at this http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE … _under_KDE: and tried the suggested steps.

It removed The audio playback device <name-of-the-sound-device> does not work. Falling back to default error message I was getting, however I still do not have any sound. When I try and play an audio or video file it appears to play without any error messages, but no sound comes out.

I double checked with alsamixer to make sure that the volume wasn't muted, apart from that I am out of ideas.

However when i tried to open the application KMix it simply span for a while and the shut, the command used by the menu icon to open it is

kmix -caption "%c" %i

however when I put this into the command line I get:

kmix: Unexpected argument '%i'.
kmix: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.

If I simply use kmix I receive:

<unknown program name>(2035)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server: "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

<unknown program name>(2034)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly.

ps I am usually a Gnome user, this is my first attempt at KDE so if this is a dumb mistake then please accept my apologies and many thanks in advance.

Is there a gstreamer-properties equivalent command in KDE

Board footer