You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-07 06:15:12

JSHN

[Solved] Problem with Twinview when using wine.

Hi!

I've installed Arch just a few weeks ago, and have a strange problem with the xserver when using wine.

I'm using a dual head setup with extended desktop setup using nvidia-settings (twinview). I works really well
with everything except wine. And what happends is that when you start any software using wine or just
winecfg, all my windows is being moved to the top of the screens, and then when I try to
move a window from the first screen to the second one it gets stuck halfway. And this happends with
all windows currently open windows and all windows you open afterwards. I've not seen this behavior
on any other distro.

I've tried default settings for xorg.conf, changed many options but no luck, change decoration and window
emulation in wine, reinstalled wine but no luck so far. I'm at work right now so I cannot include my xorg.conf,
but can post it when I get home.

Does anyone else have this problem?
What does wine initiate when starting?, seams like it hooks some graphic-driver
and virtually change the resolution making the window-manager (icewm) acting really strange.
So now if I run a wine, I have to restart xserver as soon as I done so I can use my dual screens again.

Last edited by JSHN (2009-10-07 20:58:23)

#2 2009-10-07 20:58:07

JSHN

Re: [Solved] Problem with Twinview when using wine.

I sort of solved my problem finally! big_smile
It was really making me crazy.

The problem was that icewm didn't got the correct resolution when it started.
So when wine, nvidia-settings or some similar program polled the resolution
the icewm went crazy. So I added "xrandr" BEFORE "exec icewm-session" in .xinitrc
so now xrandr recognize/sets the resolution, then icewm starts and get the right resolution.

Board footer