You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-08 20:44:53

whiteychs

Installing Arch via Chakra LiveCD? [SOLVED]

Hello,

I've been running Arch on a lenovo S-10 netbook for a few months now and could not be happier.

After becoming disgusted with Fedora 11, yum, and rpms in general, I decided to install Arch on my other laptop.

Not wanting to bother with the initial setup (I was very pressed for time), I opted to use Chakra.  For alpha, it is very well done and the installer throughly impressed me.  As I understand it, Chakra  just takes arch linux with greater hardware support and KDEmod preconfigured.... is that right? 

Assuming that, I could simply remove KDEmod and the other programs and be left with a simple Arch linux install (with some editing of the rc.conf and such)?

Any clarification would be appreciated. smile

Edit:
http://chakra-project.org/  To those unfamiliar with the Chakra.

Last edited by whiteychs (2009-10-09 16:20:54)

#2 2009-10-09 07:46:26

Mikko777

Re: Installing Arch via Chakra LiveCD? [SOLVED]

Yup!

Chakra is a livecd and an arch installer with hardware autodetection designed to fill those config files.

If you wanted to help you could read Arch beginners guide and check how well chakra filled those configs for you.
Then report to chakra forums smile

And yes you could remove kdemod but you shouldn't since it rocks tongue

#3 2009-10-09 16:26:36

whiteychs

Re: Installing Arch via Chakra LiveCD? [SOLVED]

Thank you for clearing that up, Mikko.

I could not be happier with Chakra and KDEmod - kudos to the team.  I just wanted to make sure that it was pure Arch undernearth.

Marked as solved.  smile

Board footer