You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-11 14:32:55

robbie

Vaio FW brightness

This is my first post on the Arch Linux forums, so first of all hello!! Anyways I've been running ubuntu and various other beginners' distros for a little over a year now, so I decided to take the plunge and try to get to grips with arch linux, which I consider to be a more advanced distro. So I've followed the beginners' guide and I have it all set up nice and I have it running with gnome but I have one dealbreaker problem, I have no control over screen brightness, it's just set to full all the time. How can I fix this? Not really sure of any more info I should post but I'll tell you anything you need to know.

P.S I'm running a vaio FW21E if it matters with an HD3470 graphics card

#2 2009-10-11 14:39:57

kjon

Re: Vaio FW brightness

What DE are you using? Sometimes, when your fn keys aren't mapped correctly you still can set the proper brigthness by using a proper inserted applet on your taskbar (read, brightness applet). If this doesn't work, ensure you've installed xorg-server-utils and try to use the xbacklight program.

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#3 2009-10-11 14:45:06

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: Vaio FW brightness

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer