You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-21 12:34:59

cereal
Website

[games: realtime strategy] Globulation 2

Last week a friend told me about a great free realtime strategy game, called "Globulation 2". It looks fun and seems to be very... "peaceful" (for a RTS). So I thought about creating a PKGBUILD... and here it is. Have fun!

pkgname=glob2
pkgver=0.8.9
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Globulation 2 is a Real-Time Strategy [RTS] game, which minimizes micro-management by automatically assigning tasks to units."
url="http://www.ysagoon.com/glob2/"
depends=('sdl_net' 'sdl_image' 'libvorbis')
source=("http://www.ysagoon.com/glob2/data/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz")
md5sums=('1461701be76fdb860d8ebb83fba0bd3e')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare." - (Kurtz, Apocalypse Now)

A few PKGBUILDs

#2 2004-12-10 01:33:29

ravster
Website

Re: [games: realtime strategy] Globulation 2

Wow!! This game is simply amazing. Though it is quite simplistic, not having complete control over your creatures adds a good amount of complexity to your game(even though its called micro-managing  smile )
I've only been playing the custom games so far, though, and it would be nice to play it multiplayer. Maybe we can play sometime(schedules and time-zones willing)
Its too bad the development of the game is so slow, though, it would be nice to see this game mature.
    Thanks for letting us know about this. I've been searching for a worthy alternative to Age of Empires and Zeus for a long time.
ravster

#3 2006-02-10 22:39:23

jaboua

Re: [games: realtime strategy] Globulation 2

I've updated the package to 0.8.18 and uploaded it to AUR. I put your nick too as a "contributor" since I based my package on yours.

Glob2 in AUR

Board footer