You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-12 15:05:23

zatricky
Website

sensible Maximize with Dual Screen broken in KDE 4.3.2

Since an update/reboot (there were a lot of kde packages updated), maximizing a window makes the window cover both screens instead of just the one screen as it used to behave. KDE's option in Sytem Settings -> Computer Administration -> Display -> Multiple Monitors -> "Enable multiple monitor window maximize support" does not seem to make any difference.

In spite of this, it has Display 1 and 2 set correctly (both as 1280x1024) and clicking [Identify All Displays] identifies the displays correctly.

Symptoms (from mildest to worst): I used to have separate wallpapers (auto-changing) on the left and right screens. There is now a single wallpaper stretched across both screens. Popup windows show up in the middle, cut in half by the gap between my monitors. I had a separate panel with Task Manager, System Tray, and Clock on the right-hand screen which has disappeared.

Weirdest of all, I still have my original panel which used to be on the left-hand-side only, still on the left-hand-side only.

My guess is that this was caused by an option I have that is no longer supported or perhaps a bug in the latest version.

This is a workstation at my workplace, using an NV 6600 (overkill for what I'm using it for).
xorg.conf: http://swiftspirit.co.za/down/xorg.conf.20091012.txt

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue with their dual-screen kde desktop?

pacman russian roulette: yes | pacman -Rcs $(pacman -Q | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))
(yes, I know its broken)

#2 2009-10-13 11:43:33

zatricky
Website

Re: sensible Maximize with Dual Screen broken in KDE 4.3.2

The problem seems to have resolved itself. Anyone know why this happens and if it can be prevented?

pacman russian roulette: yes | pacman -Rcs $(pacman -Q | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))
(yes, I know its broken)

Board footer