You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-13 11:37:23

3])

KDE pacman packages corrupt issue

I'm trying to install KDE 4.3 from the pacman repositories but when I do I get this:

:: File kdeedu-kbruch-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdeedu-kwordquiz-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdeedu-marble-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File libggz-0.0.14.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File ggz-client-libs-0.0.14.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdegames-konquest-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdegames-kreversi-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdegames-kshisen-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File sane-1.0.20-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdegraphics-libs-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File poppler-qt-0.12.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File kdemultimedia-dragonplayer-4.3.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
:: File tunepimp-0.5.3-6-i686.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n

Is this normal? The list continues on and on.

Are these reps known to have corrupted packages?

Server = http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/archlinux/$repo/os/i686
Server = ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/archlinux/$repo/os/i686
Server = http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/i686
Server = ftp://archlinux.cbn.net.id/pub/archlinux/$repo/os/i686
Server = ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/i686
Server = ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/archlinux/$repo/os/i686

However, I'm using LXDE at this moment and just want to explore my possibilities and see what other desktop environments are like.
KDE wiki doesn't cover this topic and I couldn't find one similar in the forum search.

“There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.”-- C.A.R. Hoare

#2 2009-10-13 15:17:39

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: KDE pacman packages corrupt issue

Perhaps your modem needs to be reset judging from the number of corrupts.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer