You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-15 15:02:55

Guff
Website

Asus 1000he won't resume from suspend

Hi all.

I've upgraded a few things over the last few days, and something seems to have broken suspend on my system.  Upon trying to resume, the power comes on, and there's a little disk activity for a fraction of a second, but the system is completely unresponsive.
I was using the 2.6.30 kernel, and everything worked fine.  Yesterday, though, I restarted and am now on 2.6.31.  However, after I noticed the problem I downgraded to 2.6.30 for both kernel26 and kernel26-firmware.  The problem persisted, so it's likely some other package that got upgraded that's causing it.

I've got no idea how to diagnose this, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm also not entirely sure exactly what has been upgraded since the last restart.
And pm-suspend.log doesn't seem to report any problems.  Not sure what other logs to check.

Thanks.

#2 2009-10-15 23:33:44

Guff
Website

Re: Asus 1000he won't resume from suspend

Okay, took me a while, but eventually I found this bug report, which concerned 2.6.30, but the solution there still appears to have worked.  In /etc/mkinitcpio.conf, "suspend" must be added to the hooks array.  Honestly, I'm still fairly new to the workings of this part of the system, so I'm not entirely sure what this is doing, why it is needed, or why it got screwed up in the first place.

However, the kernel gods decided to rain on my already gloomy parade: my wireless is refusing to come back up after suspend upon waking up, as detailed by others in this thread.

Edit: okay, so as to get the wireless working again, I tried downgrading once more to 2.6.30, and made sure the suspend hook was still in mkinitcpio.conf.  Still wouldn't resume from suspend.
So I went back to 2.6.31 again.  Still doesn't exactly wake up, although there is more disk activity now so it seems to be doing something.
Edit 2: I've realized that now, it does resume.  Mostly.  The display, however, does not.  This is at least an improvement from my initial situation, I suppose, but I would still appreciate some help.

Last edited by Guff (2009-10-15 23:54:35)

Board footer