You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-17 12:09:48

johnpatcher

Passing along parameters to wine

Hi,

I'm running some games with wine, which basically works just fine. I now want to add some start parameters, something like "+dedicated 0" or "+sv_cheats 1".

In Windows you attach these parameters just to the path of the link, so the path looks something like "filename.exe -dedicated 0". I'm now trying to do this with wine, but don't have any luck sad.

I have tried the following:

wine CoDMP.exe -dedicated 2

The game starts, but ignores any parameters I pass along.

wine "CoDMP.exe -dedicated 2"

The game doesnt start:

[johnpatcher@vostro Call of Duty]$ wine "CoDMP.exe -dedicated 0"wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\CoDMP.exe -dedicated 0": Module not found

So how can I pass parameters along with wine? I mean there are a couple of applications which can be controlled by such parameters, so there must be a way to pass them along, isn't there?

Best regards
johnpatcher

#2 2009-10-17 23:12:24

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Passing along parameters to wine

man wine.

Your first example should work.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-10-18 15:58:48

johnpatcher

Re: Passing along parameters to wine

So what should I do, if it doesn't?

Board footer