You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-19 21:37:03

pedepy

wine x64 - odd xorg errors

i'm getting real odd 'glxbaddrawable' errors from trying to launch simcity 4 under 32 bit wine in x86_64 arch; odd in a quite litteral sense: it only seems to happen 'every other time'.

i'll get the crash on an 'glxbadrawable' error only about half or a third of the time; the rest of the time the game launches fine. which leaves me really puzzled as to where to start debugging this. i've tried different combinations of using built-in or native d3d wine libraries; and i've tried under different ati drivers / xorg-server's .. etc..

it's just annoying to have to try and launch it two or three times every time..

any ideas ???

(ill gather the outputs and attach em to this post in a short while)

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

#2 2009-10-19 22:57:50

doorknob60

Re: wine x64 - odd xorg errors

Are you using SimCity 4 in software mode? It seems to work best that way. I'm the maintainer of SimCity 4 on WineHQ AppDB, and there's some useful tips, comments, and stuff on there, so I suggest checking it out if you haven't already.

#3 2009-11-04 05:06:29

pedepy

Re: wine x64 - odd xorg errors

yes im using it software mode ...

in fact, i've been trying to run the sims 3 as well, which is also supposed to work find, and i'm getting the exact same errors. ive read all about the different registery tips and tricks and none seem to have any effect on that.

i've also come to the conclusion that i can't seem to be able to run direct 3d at all on my system. if i used hardware acceleration in simcity for instance, i get about 5 frames per second on everything ... with the sims 3, when it does launch (again, roughly 25 percent of the time...), it just stalls there as soon as it tries to render the EA logo after which it dies a painful death some moments later...

even worse, i recently can't even seem to get anything to start at all ... i get a bunch of fixme: and err: messages about d3d and wined3d and after a while i get this " err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow XXX bytes in thread XXX" errors and eveyrthing dies ...

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

Board footer