You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-21 05:12:48

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

TuxonIce and laptop-mode?

I've got the tuxonice-patched kernel running on my laptop. Been using it without any problem for hibernate and restart. Just today, my system was running slowly and it turned out my processor was stuck in powersave mode (0.8 GHz on a 2.4GHz machine), so since I was in a rush, I did `echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_governer` (excuse any typos).

Thing is, I believe this happened because I hibernated while in powersave (not plugged in) and started my laptop plugged in. Does anyone know whether this is how its supposed to behave, and what I can do so that laptop-mode sets the governers properly however I hibernate and start up. Probably some services I need to restart?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-10-21 07:31:57

gog

Re: TuxonIce and laptop-mode?

are you calling tuxonice with hibernate-script or pm-utils?

Last edited by gog (2009-10-21 07:32:11)

#3 2009-10-21 07:35:40

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

ah sorry, hibernate-script.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2009-10-21 07:47:12

gog

cant help you there as i dont use it, but heres the relevant part in pm-utils:

#!/bin/sh
#
# 99laptop-mode: Re-apply laptop mode tools settings

if [ -f /etc/pm/sleep.d/99laptop-mode ]; then
    continue
else
    case "$1" in
            hibernate|suspend)
                    # Stopping is not required.
                    ;;
            thaw|resume)
                    # Make laptop mode tools forcibly re-apply the hardware settings
                    # that laptop mode tools applies.                   
                    if [ -e /usr/sbin/laptop_mode ] ; then
                            /usr/sbin/laptop_mode auto force
                    fi
                    ;;
            *) exit $NA
                    ;;
    esac
fi

have you tried troubleshooting with pm-utils?

#5 2009-10-21 07:50:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I'm using hibernate-script because pm-utils didn't want to play nice with my machine smile. But thanks, from that example I know what to do with my own .conf files. Will do some testing and revert whether this solves.

Board footer