You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-21 20:47:28

bostonvaulter

pacman -Qk (ttf-ms-fonts issue)

Today I found out that I had a corrupted core/dialog package so I learned about pacman -Qk which checks package integrity.

However, it seems that ttf-ms-fonts installs temporary executables into the /tmp and then deletes them. But pacman still thinks they should be there

% sudo pacman -Qk |grep -v '0 missing'
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/ (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/andale32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/arial32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/arialb32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/comic32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/courie32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/georgi32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/impact32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/times32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/trebuc32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/verdan32.exe (No such file or directory)
warning: ttf-ms-fonts: /tmp/ttf-ms-fonts/webdin32.exe (No such file or directory)

So I am wondering if this is normal. Perhaps it could even be filed as a bug?

#2 2009-10-21 21:18:33

ataraxia

Re: pacman -Qk (ttf-ms-fonts issue)

It's normal, for the same reason you guessed. They have to be done this way since the license requires them to be distributed in the original CAB archives. The postinstall script for the package then extracts them and installs them "properly".

#3 2009-10-22 00:39:10

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: pacman -Qk (ttf-ms-fonts issue)

ataraxia wrote:

It's normal, for the same reason you guessed. They have to be done this way since the license requires them to be distributed in the original CAB archives. The postinstall script for the package then extracts them and installs them "properly".

Bingo!  Give the man a prize.

Board footer