You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-21 22:40:34

ozeta

how to create a kde panel system tray icon set?

hi, i would like to perform a modification of oxygen style to obtain a system tray composed by icons only in grayscale or b/n tones.

i tried editing the klipper icon, by desaturating all klipper.png in the various oxygen directories, and it works fine.

but in this manner all the klipper's icons used by kde are in grayscale.

now, if i change kmix icons state, also amarok's and other icons would change?

is there any method to avoid this conflict?

bye smile

#2 2009-10-23 07:19:56

FrozenFox
Website

Re: how to create a kde panel system tray icon set?

To do this without affecting the icons elsewhere in the system is probably impossible without editing the source code to the sys tray plasmoid/widget and adding in a color filter of some sort. If you don't know how to program this in, you're probably out of luck. Would be interested in someone else proving me wrong though.

#3 2009-10-23 08:54:59

Rasi
Website

the thing is, kde HAS options for coloring icons in different places. Problem is that KDE does not use those - at least i never managed to make it work. It only worked if i set the colors globally

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#4 2009-10-24 08:06:30

ozeta

FrozenFox wrote:

To do this without affecting the icons elsewhere in the system is probably impossible without editing the source code to the sys tray plasmoid/widget and adding in a color filter of some sort. If you don't know how to program this in, you're probably out of luck. Would be interested in someone else proving me wrong though.

hi, i can't program the system tray sad it would be nice if there were someone that made a patch or something else. however i decolorize some icons (kmix, klipper and kmess) in a first try and this is the (not bad) result:

snapshot16.png

the thing is, kde HAS options for coloring icons in different places. Problem is that KDE does not use those - at least i never managed to make it work. It only worked if i set the colors globally

i tried to use this tool: only Desktop Effects works, but it changes both desktop and panel icons....but not system tray icons!!! mad lol lol

#5 2009-10-25 13:14:13

Scnd101
Website

I've actually done this a while back big_smile
Application icons at 24px almost never appear outside the systemtray so it works ok.

Try it if you want:
http://www.turboupload.com/hxi83512id4u … ar.gz.html

Oh, and it uses hydroxygen folders, hope you don't mind tongue

#6 2009-10-25 18:28:39

algol.tr

ozeta wrote:
FrozenFox wrote:

hi, i can't program the system tray sad it would be nice if there were someone that made a patch or something else. however i decolorize some icons (kmix, klipper and kmess) in a first try and this is the (not bad) result:

http://i.imagehost.org/0045/snapshot16.png

i tried to use this tool: only Desktop Effects works, but it changes both desktop and panel icons....but not system tray icons!!! mad lol lol

wow

#7 2009-10-27 19:06:55

ozeta

Scnd101 wrote:

I've actually done this a while back big_smile
Application icons at 24px almost never appear outside the systemtray so it works ok.

Try it if you want:
http://www.turboupload.com/hxi83512id4u … ar.gz.html

Oh, and it uses hydroxygen folders, hope you don't mind tongue

under 24px..mmm..this is not the best option over all, but in this case..it will works big_smile

Board footer