You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-26 23:16:03

MrGone

Audacity crashes when trying to listen to play back and current track.

Hello,

When I try to have a track recording and one playing back audacity crashes. When I try to listen to what i'm playing and record at the same time it also crashes. This is an arch 64 system, I get no errors dumped to a terminal or in the kernel logs but it does occasionally complain about some latency problem.

Anybody had any trouble or have any ideas how to fix this. Or alternatively what's everybody else using for recording guitars etc.

#2 2009-10-27 00:08:59

thisoldman

Re: Audacity crashes when trying to listen to play back and current track.

I've been using traverso-git 20090603-1 and have had no problems, x86_64 and Openbox.  But I only have maybe 2 hours total using it for recording, 10-15 minutes at a time.  I have enjoyed using it as an editor, with much more time on it.

#3 2009-10-27 07:51:02

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Audacity crashes when trying to listen to play back and current track.

Audacity's alsa support is a bit hit-and-miss. I use it with Jack's alsa plugin and it works, but the pulse alsa plugin crashes on my laptop but works fine on my desktop. Go figure. If it doesn't like your settings it just crashes.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer