You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-27 02:14:23

terranghost

[SOLVED] Shaman unresponsive

Hi!

OK here's the problem, Hopefully someone knows what is going on in my computer.

I use shaman to manage 99.99% of the software running on this installation. Suddenly, It stopped doing what it is told to do. Many buttons stopped working. For example:
- In tools>settings, after i make changes, i would click the OK button, but it stays as being clicked, even when i move the mouse elsewhere. It changes back to normal (unclicked state) only after i click some other button or thing on the interface. (This also means, evidently, that pressing OK does not close the settings window.)
- i can mark packages to be added (a "+" appearing next to it), but pressing "process queue" does absolutely nothing. (actions>process queue also does nothing)
- system maintenance tasks, launched from the main window combobox, appear to start ok, but never end. The abort button does not abort whatever is supposed to be happening (the X does close the pop up window.).
- some buttons DO work ok, for example the ones in log view, about, read news.

i have already tried removing and reinstalling shaman. My system is up to date according to pacman (-Syu).

Any ideas.....?

Last edited by terranghost (2009-11-02 03:44:08)

#2 2009-11-02 01:40:35

terranghost

Re: [SOLVED] Shaman unresponsive

After today's daily manual pacman -Syu, shaman is back to normal.

It is sad however, that it has been almost a week since i posted the problem, and i got no replies at all.

#3 2009-11-02 02:49:22

Ranguvar

Re: [SOLVED] Shaman unresponsive

terranghost wrote:

It is sad however, that it has been almost a week since i posted the problem, and i got no replies at all.

It's not "sad", it means no one felt able to help, and didn't want to create useless noise.
I would have recommended you try the Chakra forums, as they developed Shaman, and possibly file a bug report with them, though.

Please mark the thread as solved by editing your first post to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning of the thread title.

Board footer