You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-27 13:19:40

mtrokic
Website

netcfg headache

Hello!

I have a major headache with my netcfg. This morning everything had worked flawlessly. I installed netcfg, wifi-select as well as netcfgGUI. Things were working beautifully. However, after a certain point, when I rebooted, I could no longer connect via netcfg, wifi-select, nor netcfgGUI. It continually gives me the notification

dlink up; [BUSY] then [FAIL] no connection

However, when I setup the connection manually using

iwconfig wlan0 essid dlink
dhcpcd wlan0

i have no problems connection. the connection is wonderful. In fact, once connected, if I go to netcfgGUI and ask it to connect to dlink, it odes so. But as soon as i disconnect using netcfgGUI I again have the "no connection" error.

What could this be? BTW, i did install lid suspend function and then I rebooted. I also changed some hal policies to allow me to automount usb keys. Does this have anything to do with it? And if it does, how can i fix this mess. I want to make this work.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-10-28 01:06:17

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: netcfg headache

Perhaps you need to increase your timout for dhcpcd in the /etc/network.d/* config.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-10-28 17:20:34

mtrokic
Website

thanks, but that wasn't it. i solved it by removing the profile "dlink" that was created and ran wifi-select again. everything worked flawlessly then. i think there were two access points each labeled as dlink, one open and the other with a wep key. so the profile created must have been for the encrypted access point.

#4 2009-10-28 17:50:17

skottish
Forum Fellow

Please mark threads as [SOLVED] when they are. Append it to the title by editing the opening post.

Board footer