You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-04 22:22:36

toxygen

Arch related webpages

In an effort to keep all the main Arch Linux-related webpages in one thread, to make it easier for the community to find interesting/fun links related to arch exclusively, I will be maintaining a list here.  Some of these are strewn in the Arch Linux homepage, or in the forums (as sigs), or elsewhere.  I'd like to have the community have a page where they can find most/all of them, for ease of access, or to provide newer members a look into the "Arch Linux world" big_smile

If you have any archlinux related webpages you'd like to see added, or any particular idea on how these should be displayed, please post on this thread.

Arch Linux in General

Beginners' Guide- The Arch Linux Beginners' Guide - Read it!

Arch Linux start page - A quick and easy homepage for Arch users, with forum, wiki, aur and bug search built-in, as well as new package lists
Arch Linux Quote Database - The ArchQDB will be back shortly...
Arch Linux gallery - The site for uploading screenshots, configs, and other custom user content with the community.
Arch-Stuff - Art and Stuff for Arch Linux
ArchCon 2010 - Arch Linux conference, sometime in July 2010, in Toronto.

Arch Linux Support

Arch Linux Shwag - Support Arch Linux! Buy stuff! Proceeds from purchases of Arch Linux Schwag will go toward supporting Arch Linux development. (Zazzle's shwag page)
More Arch Linux Shwag - This page was created to fill a void in the Zazzle offerings. We have had several custom Arch Linux novelty items created and are distributing them for your enjoyment. A portion of profits from these sales go towards supporting Arch Linux development.
Arch Bounty - The simple goal of this site is to allow Arch Linux users to pay other users to complete Arch related tasks.

Developers, TU's, and Supporters

Planet Arch Linux - A window into the world, work and lives of Archlinux hackers and developers.
Arch Linux.me - blogs by Arch Linux users
Arch Audio - the Arch Linux Pro Audio community

Arch Linux based projects

Arch Server - ArchServer, a derivative work of Arch Linux designed to be more stable in order to be suitable for server use.
Chakra Project - A showcase project created by a bunch of people who like Arch Linux and the K Desktop Environment.  This is also the home of the KDEMod Project.

[edit]
- Made the post clearer.  Ideas are welcome on how you want this to look, or be organized.
- I know the beginner's guide is everywhere, and it should be everywhere, so i'm including it here.
- added some categories for clarity

Last edited by toxygen (2009-11-05 19:55:15)

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

#2 2009-11-05 00:38:52

pyther
Website

Re: Arch related webpages

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2009-11-05 00:48:24

ataraxia

Planet Arch Linux is actually an official site, hosted on the main web server.

#4 2009-11-05 01:18:11

toxygen

ataraxia wrote:

Planet Arch Linux is actually an official site, hosted on the main web server.

I know, what i'm getting at is having a nice page with all the major arch links in the community forum, call it a "Arch Linux favorite links" or some such

pyther wrote:

added, I'll collect the links here for now til someone makes it official smile

Last edited by toxygen (2009-11-05 01:18:55)

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:

#5 2009-11-05 03:27:28

kagutsuchi713
Website

It would be wonderful if you would add Arch Linux Gallery to your list smile

#6 2009-11-05 18:35:58

toxygen

i would like to add the archlinux.us email page, but as this is intended for all members, and not all members were able to get into the archlinux.us email, i figured it wouldnt be fair, since most people would say "well i want one" big_smile

#7 2009-11-05 18:58:04

Ghost1227
Forum Fellow
Website

http://arch-stuff.org/ - Site I convinced opendesktop.org to setup specifically for Arch stuff
http://qdb.archuser.com/ - The Arch Quote Database (I have it offline at the moment for maintenance, but as soon as I finish the needed upgrades it'll be back)

.:[My Blog] || [My GitHub]:.

#8 2009-11-05 19:12:44

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

bounty.archlinux.ca, archlinux.ca/archcon2010/, xyne.archlinux.ca

Isn't there already a wiki page like this?

Dusty

Last edited by Dusty (2009-11-05 19:14:52)

#9 2009-11-05 19:25:21

toxygen

Dusty wrote:

bounty.archlinux.ca, archlinux.ca/archcon2010/, xyne.archlinux.ca

Isn't there already a wiki page like this?

Dusty

if you mean http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Community_Projects

yes, but as i said, there are links in the homepage, in the wikis', in the forums, and there's no one place where we can find all the pages (i'm not talking individual blogs/websites for users, i mean more generalized arch related things).  What the wiki lacks can be found here, and so on.  Also i just noticed that page is more project-related than general usage related.  I'd like this thread to be a place for community members (i'm thinking primarily new members, but all members in general) to get a quick fix on different online resources for Arch users.

In a way this thread is meant to expand the wiki, as most people seem to come to the forums first for answers.  The wiki is also not very visible, but if I can get a sticky on this post, or keep updating it regularly, it'll provide more visibility to arch-supporting sites.

[edit] and some of the pages, like the Arch linux magazine, listed in the wiki, are no longer valid (that particular one goes to Severalls Mental Hospital) big_smile  - try it yourself http://archuser.com

Last edited by toxygen (2009-11-05 19:39:42)

#10 2009-11-07 14:00:20

crouse
Arch Linux f@h Team Member
Website

I have a few wink
The Archlinux domains I have are:

Archlinux.me  > Archlinux Community Blogs
Archlinux.us > Archlinux.us email start page
Archlinux.mobi > Archlinux.us email access for cell phone
Archlinux.org.uk > For the UK archers