You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-06 14:17:59

llcawthorne

[SOLVED] twinview on one card; another monitor on another

Hello:

This new problem sprung about from my messing around trying to get xmonad to properly interact with my multi-monitor setup (detailed in a post elsewhere).  That post was getting large and this is a separate problem that has an effect on multiple WM's, so I figured I would make a new post to see if anyone had any advice in this matter.

I have enabled Twinview and it works perfectly between my two monitors connected to the same card.  In fluxbox, when I maximize a window, it maximizes on its proper display.  Windows properly respect the border boundary between the two monitors no problem.  Xmonad and Awesome happily work with the setup also.

However, if I try to enable my television as a separate X-screen without making any changes to the working Twinview setup between my two monitors, some confusion causes them to start making everything span the two monitors connected to the same card.  Maximize at this point will cover both monitors and boundaries are ignored, but the tv works fine as a separate x display, and both the twinview monitors work; they just stop behaving properly for resizes and what not.  Both XMonad and Awesome stretch themselves out across the Twinview screens too.

Here's the xorg.conf I am playing with:
http://dpaste.com/117065/

The only change I make when enabling my television is uncommenting the Screen 1 line in ServerLayout. 

I didn't see anything strange in Xorg.0.log, but I can provide it to if it would help.

Lewis

Last edited by llcawthorne (2009-11-06 15:28:27)

To understand recursion, you must understand recursion.

#2 2009-11-06 14:50:35

llcawthorne

Re: [SOLVED] twinview on one card; another monitor on another

Also, I can get TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride to change the way windows maximize and such as long as my second screen isn't turned on.  As soon as I enable Screen 1, it ignores anything I specify in a TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride string also.

#3 2009-11-06 15:29:41

llcawthorne

Re: [SOLVED] twinview on one card; another monitor on another

Not really solved, so sorry if you came here looking for a solution.

Really got tired of messing with it.  Moving windows from one monitor to another isn't terribly important to me, and perhaps I can figure some other solution to my xmonad issue (or not use xmonad, but I would prefer to not go that route).

Board footer