You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-08 01:57:20

DrTankMC

Weird things that happen in Exaile?

Hey, I want to verify that Exaile sometimes acts weird and i'm not just crazy.  I've been using it for almost a year now and some things have happened since 2.x and some are 3.x specific....

2.x:

1.  The graphics of the playlist sometimes get corrupted temporarily, and the remedy is dragging the mouse pointer up and down the playlist and it resets the graphics. When i say corrupt i mean it disrupts the lining-up of the track/artist/album and the time. For example if track 1 is 3:00 and track 2 is 4:00 they sometimes switch.  When this does happen, its usually right after a track change.

2.  If I add any new tracks to my playlist ( i always keep all 8000 or so of my tracks in the playlist at all times and just shuffle) i 100% HAVE TO shut Exaile down and restart it BEFORE i shut the pc down or the new tracks disappear from the playlist and i have to re-add them.

3.x:

1.  After a while Exaile gets "stuck" in the Gnome panel, i can still right-click the panel icon and use those functions but the window will not reappear unless i restart Exaile.

2.  Occasionally the artist/title/album/artwork will fail to display the new information on a track change, it retains the previous track's info.

All of these issues happen in the latest Exaile.

I'm using the latest Gnome and my last -Syu was a few days ago.  These same issues plague both of my pc's, one is i686 with nvidia graphics, the other is x86_64 with intel graphics, both with Arch and Gnome.

Long live the Organization for the Organized!!!

Ich möchte die Tomatensuppe!

#2 2009-11-08 20:03:16

ziarkaen

Re: Weird things that happen in Exaile?

I can confirm the not-saving-tracks-when-forcibly-killed [bug].  I can see how this is annoying if you keep *all* your tracks in your playlist.  Could I suggest listening to what _you_ want to listen to, rather than what /dev/random wants you to.

Cannot comment on any of the other bugs.  Maybe the artwork one is where exaile is DLing the image in the background? You can rule this out by reproducing bug with one paticular song.

Talk to the exaile devs on #freenode and submit bugs.  They are reasonable people (except over the weird queueing behaviour).

It still beats amaroK and rhythmbox smile

ziarkaen

ziarkaen

Board footer