You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-12 11:52:45

fourreux

dvdauthor: ERR: SCR moves backwards, remultiplex input.

Hi

I'm trying to put two VIDEO_TS folders into a single one. Maybe someone here got some experience with that.

The thing is, this is one movie which is split on two disks. So I wanted to put it together first, in order to be able to shrink it then to fit on a single playable dvd.

what I did is:

picked the VTS files from the two original folders and put them into a working directory. Renamed them (as otherwise they would be replacing each other of course)

So I have got there the following situation in my working directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users  1,0G  8. Jun 2008  12_1.VOB
-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users  1,0G  8. Jun 2008  12_2.VOB
-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users 1016M 12. Nov 12:14 12_3.VOB
-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users  1,0G  8. Jun 2008  12_4.VOB
-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users  1,0G 12. Nov 12:15 12_5.VOB
-rw-r--r-- 1 fourreux users 1011M  8. Jun 2008  12_6.VOB

with dvdauthor.xml:

<dvdauthor dest="DVD">
  <vmgm />
   <titleset>
     <titles>
         <video format="pal"/> 
       <pgc>
           <vob file="12_1.VOB"/>
           <vob file="12_2.VOB"/>
           <vob file="12_3.VOB"/>
           <vob file="12_4.VOB"/>
           <vob file="12_5.VOB"/>
           <vob file="12_6.VOB"/>

</pgc>
      </titles>
   </titleset>
 </dvdauthor>

It exits after working on the file 12_3.VOB which happens to be the last VOB file from original disc numner 1. so it's slightly smaller than a fully packed starting or middle VTS.VOB file on a dvd structure.

SO I think that causes the problem, but don't know a good way to aproach it. i.e. do I have to convert the vob files into something else first? Wouldn't be nice as they're already as I need them ... do i have to put them together in a single one first ... ?? Or is VOB only a container that I somehow have to open, access the actual files and add _them_ up in the xml file .... ??

thanx for input - cheers

EDIT:

ffmpeg says:

* You can transcode decrypted VOBs

ffmpeg -i snatch_1.vob -f avi -vcodec mpeg4 -b 800k -g 300 -bf 2 -acodec mp3 -ab 128 snatch.avi

This is a typical DVD ripping example; the input is a VOB file, the output an AVI file with MPEG-4 video and MP3 audio. Note that in this command we use B-frames so the MPEG-4 stream is DivX5 compatible, and GOP size is 300 which means one intra frame every 10 seconds for 29.97fps input video. Furthermore, the audio stream is MP3-encoded so you need to enable LAME support by passing "--enable-mp3lame" to configure. The mapping is particularly useful for DVD transcoding to get the desired audio language.

the thing is, I simply want to concatenate the VOB files. So I do not want to do some extra encoding just to get back to VOB again ... (It's an MPEG-2 encoded VOB apparently (mplayer says so))

EDIT II:

ok. this is getting complicated ... just to keep interested people up to date.

my 12_3.VOB file seems to cause the problem. after searching I found:

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile ton.ac3 vts_01_1.vob
ffmpeg -i vts_01_1.vob -vcodec copy bild.m2v
rm vts_01_1.vob
mplex -f 8 -o  vts_01_1.vob ton.ac3 bild.m2v

http://www.x-tra-designs.org/?q=node/182

to fix this error. unfortunately by following the instructions I get - on the last command - the following:

**ERROR: [mplex] File ton.ac3 unrecogniseable!
   INFO: [mplex] File bild.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
**ERROR: [mplex] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.

So there's a problem with the sound ...

Last edited by fourreux (2009-11-12 15:33:31)

Board footer