You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-13 15:47:16

berbez

[solved] Using ALSA without pulseaudio

Hi all. Firstly, sorry for my english. lol

I have a problem, a big problem by me and i'm not able to fix it.
I installed pulseaudio a month ago but I'm sick to use it so i want go back to use only alsa lib. How can i do it?

I removed every pulse packages but it doesn't work. I removed also in /etc/rc.conf the daemon.

The problem is that a week ago i changed my video card because was broken, and i put a Nvidia 9400 GT with HDMI support. Some arch users suggested me to put on blacklist some modules and to run my audio card (integrated) as first.

My soundcard is:

[root@berbecche zio]# lspci | grep Audio
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

When i run this command i have this response:

[root@berbecche zio]# alsamixer
ALSA lib control.c:867:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

And:

[root@berbecche zio]# aplay /usr/share/sounds/warning.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:2171:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
aplay: main:608: audio open error: No such file or directory

I installed asoundconf and it didn't work out. Maybe i'm not able to use it. sad

What can i do? Please help me. sad

Last edited by berbez (2009-11-16 16:41:57)

Eppur si muove...

#2 2009-11-13 18:17:53

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] Using ALSA without pulseaudio

You have to undo the changes you did initially. In this case I believe to your /etc/asound.conf or ~/.asoundrc

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-11-13 18:25:57

berbez

Ehmmm... What do you mean?
Sorry but i don't understand.. What should i do? Remove /etc/asound.conf ?

Eppur si muove...

#4 2009-11-14 01:21:05

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Arch is about knowing your system. What did you change? Change it back. If you just blindly followed some wiki/forum guides, then go back to them and reverse them step by step. And please try to understand what you're doing when configuring and installing something in future.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2009-11-14 12:40:11

berbez

lol
Sorry. Maybe I wasn't too clear.
I did all things back but it didn't work out. I don't know why. But there was a little thing that i didn't think: gstreamer-properties.
I selected ALSA and now it works...

Eppur si muove...

#6 2009-11-14 20:20:42

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Good that you got it fixed. Please mark threads [solved] when they are.

Board footer