You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-06 11:15:19

mipooh

[Request] ding

I don´t know if it is only used for english-german translations but I like it and used it in all of my linuxs. If someone who knows how to pack it, I would like to use "ding".

Thanx
Mipooh

I just tried something....

I downloaded from the debian maintainer the ding_1.3.orig.tar.gz and unpacked it. After that I changed into the ding-1.3 directory and did ./install.sh.

I was asked for the path /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib and it was installed there. It runs....

I don´t know about the dependencies but they all seem to be fullfilled by the arch as I have it here.

Isn´t it wonderful?

#2 2004-12-06 14:10:49

dp
Website

Re: [Request] ding

mipooh wrote:

I don´t know if it is only used for english-german translations but I like it and used it in all of my linuxs. If someone who knows how to pack it, I would like to use "ding".

Thanx
Mipooh

I just tried something....

I downloaded from the debian maintainer the ding_1.3.orig.tar.gz and unpacked it. After that I changed into the ding-1.3 directory and did ./install.sh.

I was asked for the path /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib and it was installed there. It runs....

I don´t know about the dependencies but they all seem to be fullfilled by the arch as I have it here.

PLEASE, first search in the repositories, before asking for something ... ding is in extra

http://www.archlinux.org/packages.php?id=3371

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2004-12-06 17:55:02

mipooh

Sorry, I had looked up for ding, but many packages had been shown (all with "ding" somewhere in the description) and so I think I had missed it.

Mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#4 2004-12-06 19:03:09

dp
Website

mipooh wrote:

Sorry, I had looked up for ding, but many packages had been shown (all with "ding" somewhere in the description) and so I think I had missed it.

Mipooh

this is true ... there is no good pkg-search for the repositories

i myself have ABS always in sync and then search this way locally (with find/locate/grep)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer