You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-15 07:25:53

publius

cli "Todo List"

Greetings everyone --

I finally got around to writing a "todo list" utility. Check out the screenshot included in the tarball. I put example syntax and comments in the center term window. It's obviously a work in progress. One thing that stands out to me already as needing improvement is my logic for indexing tasks for deletion. Perhaps it reflects a larger problem in my choice of data structures. Anyway, everything works so far as I have tested it, which is only for the last few hours. You need to make sure you have YAML installed, which is a human-readable data serialization format I used for the configuration file. I also assume you're using a standard BASH shell.

The instructions are:
1) make a directory in your home directory, called .todo (i.e. a "hidden" folder).
2) put tasks.p and config.yaml in there.
3) put "todo" in, say, /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin -- or anyplace in $PATH

Syntax (for now):
todo -n                                               # new task. Same as --new
todo -l                                                # list tasks. Same as --list, or simply 'todo' without any parameters
todo -r <d>                                         # remove a task by  corresponding integer 'd', as listed by 'todo -l', same as --remove=<d>
todo -c <category> -t <"task string">  # new task... the long way: "category" & "task"
todo --clear                                         # delete all tasks

Notes:
- You can modify the config file, but do not change the syntax.... obviously. If you add a new item to "task categories", for example, use a '-' for a bullet, like all the rest do. There are also some half-implemented color settings in there.
- Also, you can set a flag in "todo" which turns on or off the writing of backup files, stored as .tasks.p and .config.yaml in the .todo directory

Enjoy. Let me know what you think...

DOWNLOAD: http://groups.google.com/group/ucfcomps … .tar?hl=en

Oh yeah... You also need Python....

Last edited by publius (2009-11-15 18:30:58)

Board footer