You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-06 21:42:37

nacnud

proper /rc.d/network config?

Hi,

My network daemon continually fails at boot time, though my eth0 and eth1 (wireless) work even when the daemon isn't running.  I'm not really sure how this can be, or what exactly network is supposed to do.

I'm wondering if my /rc.d/network file is configured properly.  I read somewhere on these forums that the network timeout setting is supposed to be specified in the file--but I don't see it, in fact I can't find it anywhere.

I'd appreciate any guidance....

#2 2004-12-06 21:53:13

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: proper /rc.d/network config?

nacnud wrote:

Hi,

My network daemon continually fails at boot time, though my eth0 and eth1 (wireless) work even when the daemon isn't running.  I'm not really sure how this can be, or what exactly network is supposed to do.

I'm wondering if my /rc.d/network file is configured properly.  I read somewhere on these forums that the network timeout setting is supposed to be specified in the file--but I don't see it, in fact I can't find it anywhere.

I'd appreciate any guidance....

shamless self-plug: for wireless I would suggest using this setup here - http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless%20setup - i've had a few responses and there are almost no problems (except for one card requiring a commit before dhcp).

the failure, most likely is from the sleep command in the file being too short... I've seen it before.... do a grep for "sleep" and modify the value... I think it's set to 2... put it up to 10 or so... this will take longer to boot, however

Board footer