You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-17 02:48:11

kaddy

thinking of coming back to Arch

Hey Archers.... I ran Arch Linux for a few weeks a while ago, and its a great distro, I'm thinking
of coming back after being disappointed with the Likes of Mandriva, Opensuse, Ubuntu, Kubuntu etc....

My only problem with Arch at the time, was that at the time, there was a bug that made my automake get detected as the wrong version, hence
I wasn't able to build alot of packages... and there seperate bug in the "fakeroot" tool which caused alot of builds to fail..... I never ended up resolving these issues

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=653789

Does anybody know if these bugs have been squashed yet? has there been an update to fakeroot and automake since 21/Oct/09? I havn't seen any yikes
it was reallllyyyy annoying and no workarounds worked for me at the time. lol

big_smile

#2 2009-11-17 03:14:48

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Re: thinking of coming back to Arch

kaddy wrote:

Does anybody know if these bugs have been squashed yet? has there been an update to fakeroot and automake since 21/Oct/09? I havn't seen any yikes
it was reallllyyyy annoying and no workarounds worked for me at the time. lol

May be, may be not.

big_smile

wink

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#3 2009-11-17 04:07:07

Allan
Pacman
Website

The fakeroot bug is a bug due to nvidia's libgl.  See solution here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12592#comment39837
The autoconf bug is actually a bug in the software you are trying to build.  Probably a "autoreconf" would fix it.

But given I found all that from the thread you linked...  nothing has changed here.

#4 2009-11-17 13:54:04

kaddy

hhmmmm. I installed Arch Linux today, and I'm able to install ALL the apps I need without any drama.......... where as before...... I had trouble with atleast 50% of the packages from the Aur due to fakeroot bug and the automake version problem...... seems to be all good now for some reason yikes ahwell..... I will enjoy :d

#5 2009-11-17 15:58:02

Runiq

kaddy wrote:

hhmmmm. I installed Arch Linux today, and I'm able to install ALL the apps I need without any drama.......... where as before...... I had trouble with atleast 50% of the packages from the Aur due to fakeroot bug and the automake version problem...... seems to be all good now for some reason yikes ahwell..... I will enjoy :d

Welcome back it is, then. smile

Board footer